Monday, February 6, 2012

Home is just another word for You

I've been on a Billy Joel kick and Home is just another word for You is one of his lyrics and I thought it was appropriate. 

First off I want to say....
GOD RAISED ALL OF MY SUPPORT! Thank you all SO much for sacrificing financially and for praying for me while I am serving at Gospel for Asia. I appreciate it all so much.


                   I LOVE it here, you guys. I'm coming back but I LOVE IT HEEEEERE.

I haven't posted because I've just been so busy!  I wake up, do devotions, go to class and work (it isn't work-it's a privilage to serve God working at GFA but I call it work for short), come home, eat, do homework, giggle with the girls and go to sleep.  The week has been flying by.

I have a job!  And it's not a "well let's see what we can try to have you do...um here lick this envelope, I already licked it, but I'm trying to find you something to do job" but it's actually needed!  I'm getting to make a difference on eternity!  Each person that works at GFA represents about 200 missionaries and each missionary will go on to start about 20 churches.  Churches are comprised of many people who have accepted Jesus as their savior.  THAT'S A LOT OF PEOPLE!  I AM blessed to be able to do this!  It IS a privilage!  I DO love caps lock! 

My job is Event Manager!  There are volunteers who work for Gospel for Asia and they go to conventions and set up booths so people can learn about Gospel for Asia and someone needs to register for the events and send the volunteers material to distribute and that person is me! 


It's blurry, but this is my desk.
I have one of the best views in the whole building!  You can't really tell but the whole wall is comprised of windows and all I see all day is the green hedge, the blue sky and the birds.  So nice.


It's not all work!  Here I am having fun with my roommates and friends.  :)
They're great girls.  For some reason, my roomie Kathryn thinks I'm a hoot.  She constanly wants me to say things like bag, rag and dragon because instead of saying "bahg" I say "bayeg".
You know what I mean?  I guess it's a Minnesota thing.  And everyone down here calls their Aunts Ants.  Ants are bugs.

Speaking of Aunts, my Uncle Bill, Aunt Amy and Cousin Jacob picked me up for church and then we went out for lunch and they bought me such much appreciated groceries.  It was so nice to spend time with them.  At Target Jacob slipped his hand in mine and we walked hand in hand.  It was so sweet.

:)




2 comments:

  1. How fun! You ALL sleep in that little room? Or is the room bigger than it shows on the picture? Wow, it's a good thing you all like each other! :D haha
    I love your desk! What an important job-were you nervous starting out, was it overwhelming? I always worry when I start a new job...

    Praying for you, you cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!!! You are in our prayers!!! We all miss you very much! We hope you come back and share with us what you've been taught! You are so blessed to be where you are and WE are so blessed to have you in our life. This is such an exciting time of your life - and God is with you every step of the way. Remember He has gone before you to make sure your path is right. So - there are no worries.... just keep your eyes and heart on Jesus!! Love you, love you, love you..... TSMM

    ReplyDelete