Saturday, March 24, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

I have never been so busy in my life!  I barely have time to get as much sleep but I wouldn't change this time for anything!

In class we just went through the Jesus Style which is about the nature of Jesus.  Jesus was a servant, he was the least, he did nothing out of selfish ambition, he was a man of no reputation.  We had to pick the character that affected us the most and do a speech on it.  I picked being of no reputation.  Jesus was born in a barn, was not good looking, was poor, was from the wrong side of town and many other things that we would never choose for our lives but God orchestrated it to be that way so that no one would be threatened by Him.  And when you read the Bible you see it worked!  Prostitutes, thieves, children and lepers came in flocks to him!  Would they have done the same if he was some handsome, rich and powerful man?  I think not.  How do you feel when you are around people like that.  Intimidated!  I know that's how I feel.  But out of Jesus lowered Himself so none would be afraid of Him, that is love right there.  I worked hard on my speech and I got a good grade on it!  I blame in on God who helped me through it (I was so nervous my jaw started to go numb and tingle) and my roommate Marcee for telling me what she learned in her college speech class.

Marcee and Me

On Saturday the Gospel for Asia is going to have the Hog Slog.  It's a race that is either 3 miles long ( the Hog) or 1.5 ( the Piglet).  You have a partner and one person takes off running and the other hops on a bike and does an obstacle course and then you meet and the person who was running is now biking and the biker becomes the runner.  There are 5 obstacles for the 3 mile race which is what I'm doing.  Each team has a theme and there are going to be prizes for best costume.  My teammate is named Jen and we're going to be Miss Hog Slog.  We're going to do the race in dresses and tiaras with a Miss Hog Slog slash because we thought it would be funny to jump in the mud pit in nice dresses.  Oh ya, did I mention that you finish the race by jumping in a huge mud pit?  It's pretty great.
This whole thing is basically a decoy to get the office in good health.  I'm loving it.  Some people have been training pretty intensely.  I don't have the energy to do that.  I may not win but I bet I'll have the most fun.

I live in an apartment complex that allows dogs and I'm so glad.  I miss my dog a lot so it's nice to see my favorite animals running around.  (DOGS RULE).
One neighbor has this pure white fluffy Charmin puppy that bounces around it I had the privilege to pet it today.  I also got attacked by a dog moments before this joyous occasion though.  I was sitting on a ledge doing my homework when a little girl came up with her dog and I was going to get down from the ledge so she could walk by me but she said the dog didn't bite so I could stay there, so I did.  As she walked by the dog sniffed me and then started attacking me!  It was barking and going wild and it didn't bite me but I know it sure was trying hard to.  I couldn't get away either because I was sitting on a ledge.  After they left I was shaking pretty bad but the fluffy puppy cheered me up.  Moral of the story is don't trust little girls with terror terriers.

The above picture is of a dog that was running around in the country and I found a deer tick on it.  I've never seen one before so I was quite fascinated and I did the tick dance.  You know, that uncontrollable shake of the body when you feel like you have hundreds of creepy bugs crawling over you body.


 I dressed up on March 20th in honor of the first day of Spring.  My roommate Marcee and I had a photo shoot of us cutting through a hedge. Cutting through a hedge just seems romantic, doesn't it?  But I don't think Spring is the most romantic month of the year, I think Fall is.  But Spring is my favorite. The first thing you notice about spring are the noises.  One day you hear a drip and then you hear a trickle and then you hear rushing water and you realize that the snow is melting running down the roads.  Then you hear a bird's song and you realize how much you've missed it.  And then there are the sights!  One day you see a little bud on a tree and you just have this anticipation welling up inside of you much like the days before Christmas.  What was that streak of red?  Why you just sighted the first robin of the year!  And then comes the best part!  One day you wake up and everything is green and the flowers on the trees are blooming and you wonder when it happened!  And then there are the smells!  The snow is gone and the leaves are out and the dirt exposed and the rain makes everything smell so fresh.
Yes ladies and gentlemen, I think a Minnesota spring is beautiful.

My dear friends, may you know the love of Jesus more fully each day.

Rachelle


No comments:

Post a Comment